Alien Contact for Kid Sisters

Alien Contact for Kid Sisters - Edward Hoornaert Color me all sorts of impressed. Alien Contact for Kid Sisters is a solidly written book. The main character, Marianne, is battling a mental illness and the author makes sure its not magically righted or brushed aside instantly. (Although I will say it seems to be written in this magical in between time where she’s not really super affected by it. Of course, at one point I was diagnosed as bipolar (I disagree.), so maybe she just seems normal to me for a reason. Hmmmmm.) A recurring theme is M’s worries about people finding out she’s ‘sick in the head’, about going crazy like her mom. She also worries about disappointing her sister, who raised her after their mother was gone.

I liked the relationships between (and just generally liked) 90 percent the characters. They were all very believable, and some of the dialogue especially between Quinn and Elfy had me snickering because it was so on point. I think I wanted to slap each of the characters at one point or another, but I was also cheering them on. Geesh, at one point I was even rooting for one of the rebels!

Overall, this was a great read, and I’m kind of curious to read the first book in the series, Alien Contact for Idiots, which is apparently about Marianne’s sister, Ell, and how she ends up being Queen of the Kwadrans.

Want the full review? Please visit the original review on my site.

Disclaimer: I received a copy of this book free from the author in exchange for an honest review.